Correct positioning of your veil
1. Hold the veil with the comb pointing downwards.
2. Place the veil in the hair so that it is well anchored, with the comb pointing downwards and the longest layer against your back.
3. Usually, your hairdresser should be able to help with positioning your veil, after you have had your hair done.
4. Remember that the look of the veil changes depending on where on the head your veil is placed. For instance, wearing it close to the top of your head will give you a fuller look, and it will also tend to fall in front of your face. Wearing it further at the back of the head, particularly under your hairdo, will give you a slimmer, more streamlined look. Some veils are designed to be worn in a particular way. If you’re unsure about the best way to wear your veil, please email me and ask!
Single tier: 1 layer of tulle, cut with a rounded and gathered at the top
Three-tier: 3 layers of tulle, sewn together and gathered at the top
Cascading: 1 piece of tulle, circle cut, folded in half to create 2 layers, and center gathered
Square cut: 1 piece of tulle, square cut, folded to create 2 layers and four corners, and center gathered
Your veil will be steamed and pressed before it is packaged to be sent to you. However, there may be some small creases which have formed during transit. Don’t worry! They are easily removable.
Whatever you do, please do not attempt to iron your veil! Here are some suggestions for easy crease removal:
1. The first thing to try is to place your veil in the bathroom while having a shower (hang it on the bathroom door, for example) as the steam from the shower can help the creases to fall out.
1.you own a steam iron, you can steam the veil with jets of steam which are released when the steam button is pressed. Use only the steam released, and do not press or iron the veil at all. Please note, this is not the same as a standard iron, which will not do the same job, and may actually damage the veil.
2. Hold the veil over the steam of a boiling kettle. The hot steam should get rid of any remaining creases.
3. Just let it hang! By leaving your veil hanging, rather than folded up in a box or cupboard, most creases will just fall out on their own.